- Value, support, recognize and respect all staff and volunteers for their work.
- Provide fair compensation with fitting salaries and benefits including sick leave.
- Ensure staff positions are full-time wherever possible with staff dedicated to working only in one long-term care home and with realistic
- Provide more hours for direct care.
Recruitment and Retention
- Recruit staff and volunteers who exhibit emotional intelligence, empathy, compassion, have a willingness and ability to learn new approaches, and work as a team.
- Actively involve staff and volunteers in decision-making that is integral to better resident care.
Education / Training
- Educate staff and volunteers on relationship-based approaches.
- Strengthen staff and volunteer skills in empathy, social interaction and team work.
- Provide timely, on-the-job continuing education for staff and volunteers that is responsive to changing residents’ needs.
If you have any questions, email us at: ChangeLTCNow@gmail.com